With ipad or Mac system browse SAFARI access to sharepoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• hi all,

I create a login function for apple SAFARI browse to access to sharepoint 2010, but there is a problem on access speed. Compared to the IE, response speed and lag was so slow. I think the problem could not happened on DNS. Is anyone has some idea to fix this problem.  

By the way , I used IPad and mac system and not in VM system.

Thanks,

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 2:35 AM

Answers

All replies

• Duplicate question from,
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointgeneralprevious/thread/c34b4038-5325-4174-bff4-d37abccca09c

What Alex said is correct. I recommend moving to Chrome on your devices, built in and better scripting, this issue is clearly just related to Safari as you noted in your previous response on the original thread.

Regards
    Pieter
    • Marked as answer by Merlin W Friday, May 10, 2013 1:26 AM
    Tuesday, May 7, 2013 10:53 AM
  • I did a test from my MAC and everything worked correctly, there was some lag, as you can see from my screenshot it is just a normal site and nothing special running, a custom master page, some CSS.

Here is my browser setup, under preferances
    Security = Enable Plug-Ins, Enable Java, Enable JavaScript and Block pop-up windows.
    I have no Proxy defines and no DNS, I am connecting to the SharePoint server from my companies wireless network.

From Chrome I get roughly the same performance, maybe a smoother feeling though.

Regards
    Pieter
    Tuesday, May 7, 2013 11:07 AM
  • hi Pieter,

I have a question that with ipad access to the sharepoint , if this sharepoint site has some js and css, is that going well on ipad? Of cause I also had a page with lots of js code, this page could not show well on ipad sarfari , by the way , with ipad sarfari I could not open excel or word files with sharepoint excel services? Do you know why if happened?

Thanks,

Merlin W.

Friday, May 10, 2013 1:07 AM
  • Thank you guys, it's very helpful~~~~
    Friday, May 10, 2013 1:26 AM