none
Edge not displaying SharePoint site contents page

Question

• I am constantly experiencing issues with Edge while browsing SharePoint sites. The one issue I always have is when I want to display the site contents (tenant.sharepoint.com/sites/sitename/_layouts/15/viewlsts.aspx?view=14); right after I click on the site contents link, the browser displays a blank page; I try refreshing the page multiple times and eventually the page displays, but is annoying that it doesn't display at first. I do not have this issue with any other browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox, etc.) just with Edge.

While editing SharePoint pages I also get issues with Edge and there is functionality that won't work in Edge (it even tells you that what you are trying to do is not supported in this (Edge) browser--seriously?) and wonder why MSFT has not corrected these problems.

At this point, I use Edge for viewing and use IE for development since Edge is not ready for full development tasks.

I do clear my cache, delete cookies, etc. and all standard cleaning tasks, to no avail.

Anyone else having similar problems or is it just me?

I had posted this in the MS Community site and was told this forum might be better to get an answer--I hope so.

These are some of the questions I was asked in the MS Community (and the answers)

• Q: Does the issue occur when accessing other websites? (A: The issue doesn't occur while browsing other websites, only SharePoint/O365 related sites.)
    • Q: Is your computer connected to a domain? (A: My computer is not connected to a domain)
    • Q: Are you using a Windows server? (A: No, I am not using a Windows server; my OS is Windows 10 Pro)
    • Q: Which Office 365 version you're using (A: O365 Business)

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 9:08 PM

All replies