none
Troubleshooting DNS?-One website doesn't come up RRS feed

• Question

• There is one website that does not come up, on all our work computers, when they are connected to our internal network.

We also have a work wi-fi network, this website DOES come up on computers when they are connected wirelessly. 

What would be troubleshooting steps to figure out what’s going on with ONE website?

I suspect an error/corruption in the DNS.on my Windows 2008 R2 server.

Is there a way to reset it? or check/edit one entry for one website?

I have changed the DNS on a local computer, to Google’s DNS and it doesn’t make a difference.

Our in-house DNS is running on a Windows 2008 server.

I tried a Traceroute in Nework Utility, but it doesn’t show anything (or maybe I don’t know how to read it)

There is one line that has 3 asterisks, but it’s in the middle, line item 6 out of 12.

Does anyone have any other ideas on what could be wrong, why one website will not come up, or ideas on troubleshooting?

(This website comes up on my cell phone, and on my laptop from home, etc.

It's only on our work network that it doesn't work.

Thank you,

Kevin

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 12:38 AM

Answers

• Hi Kevin,

According to your description, I suppose the issue is related to the network. Have you checked if firewall is blocking the traffic of the wire network?

>>There is one website that does not come up, on all our work computers, when they are connected to our internal network.

How about other websites?

On both computers connected to wire and wireless network, run ipconfig /flushdns to clear DNS cache. Then run nslookup and query the website, check if the IP addresses are the same.

Here is the guide for the command:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc940085.aspx

Then, on the problematic computer. Connect the website using IP address, if not successful, check the firewall on the computer and the firewall in your network.

Best regards

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 3:11 AM