none
Consistency check problems, checks failing due to Encrpted files form External Vendor RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am currently running DPM 2007 and am now having issue with files that have encryption enabled on then. I keep geeting the access denied error, I have tried to exclude these but there seems to be a lot of these placed in various locations, Is there a way for DPM to ignore or just skip these files, This is causing me alot of issue on our file servers.

thank you in advance.

Thursday, December 8, 2011 1:22 AM

Answers

• Hi Mat,

As you might already know DPM cannot protect files that have any of the following combinations of file attributes:

• Encryption and reparse
    • Encryption and Single Instance Storage (SIS)
    • Encryption and case sensitivity
    • Encryption and sparse
    • Case sensitivity and SIS
    • Sparse and reparse
    • Compression and SIS

More info on unsupported data: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb808689.aspx

As the file type of you're encrypted files are probably various and they are not in a central location then, as far as i know, there is no other solution but to exclude each and everyone of those files. (or keep ignoring the alerts :-(    )

Maybe you can consider disabeling file encryption on the file server?

Hope this helps,

Marthijn.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Guys,

I am wondering if anybody has any ideas with the problem I am having and really need some assistance as I have run out of options to try,

Any suggestions would be much appreciated,

Thank you in advance.

Sunday, December 11, 2011 10:38 PM
  • Hi Mat,

As you might already know DPM cannot protect files that have any of the following combinations of file attributes:

• Encryption and reparse
    • Encryption and Single Instance Storage (SIS)
    • Encryption and case sensitivity
    • Encryption and sparse
    • Case sensitivity and SIS
    • Sparse and reparse
    • Compression and SIS

More info on unsupported data: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb808689.aspx

As the file type of you're encrypted files are probably various and they are not in a central location then, as far as i know, there is no other solution but to exclude each and everyone of those files. (or keep ignoring the alerts :-(    )

Maybe you can consider disabeling file encryption on the file server?

Hope this helps,

Marthijn.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:03 PM