RWW will not work ...Problem On RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can anyone help me on this issue please.

We have an SBS2008 with godaddy certificate installed . We get to server using https://remote.company.com/remote we can login to the RWW Screen no problem. but once i try and connect to a client computer i get this error message

OWA works fine.....

"An internal error has occurred (error 50331660) for more information please contact your network administrator or microsoft product support"

Thank you.

Jay

Saturday, September 25, 2010 10:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Jay:

Searching did not turn up the exact error, but below is one that is very close.  In the following case the error was 50331676. Im thinking that this might give you enough trouble shooting steps that you can see a way back.

If there are errors in your event logs in addition to the RWW error, they might be helpful.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/zh-TW/smallbusinessserverzhcht/thread/8585d3ee-4555-493a-ab15-5473dd07b6eb

<snip> 

Here is a transcript of how Microsoft had me go after and solve this problem (note the bolded entries):

PROBLEM: unable to browse rww
    CAUSE:
    RESOLUTION:

installed certificate on clients and tried again no go

checked terminal service gateway console there were three unknown policies hitting under tsgateway matched with my lab machine they were not present

disabled them and tried rww no go

checked terminal service gateway in event viewer

found Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Gateway/Operational

Source: Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Gateway

Date: 4/16/2009 5:09:09 PM

Event ID: 400

Task Category: (3)

Level: Warning

Keywords: (16777216)

User: SYSINT\administrator

Computer: SERVER2.sysint.local

Description:

The TS Gateway service is shutting down. To diagnose possible causes for this problem, verify whether the following services are installed and started: (1) World Wide Web Publishing Service (2) Internet Authentication Service (IAS) (3) RPC/HTTP Load Balancing Service. Also, check Event Viewer for Network Policy Server (NPS) and IIS events that might indicate problems with NPS or IIS.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Gateway" Guid="{4d5ae6a1-c7c8-4e6d-b840-4d8080b42e1b}" />

<EventID>400</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>3</Level>

<Task>3</Task>

<Opcode>15</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x4000000001000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-04-16T22:09:09.482Z" />

<EventRecordID>199</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4964" ThreadID="4968" />

<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Gateway/Operational</Channel>

<Computer>SERVER2.sysint.local</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-21-2548818932-1819075483-2254345019-500" />

</System>

<EventData>

</EventData>

</Event>

checked (1) World Wide Web Publishing Service (2) Internet Authentication Service (IAS) (3) RPC/HTTP Load Balancing Service.

all service were started restarted all the above services works fine

logon type for terminal service gateway was set to "administrator " instead of network service"

went to registry hklm/system/ccs/services/tsgateway changed start mode to network service

rebooted the server

tried rww after reboot no go

followed http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/02/20/the-network-policy-server-service-ias-fails-to-start-or-be-installed.aspx

Checked the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VSS\VssAccessControl

Verified that the setting for NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE is set to 1

followed

wennt in iis console SBS Web Applications\Rpc\Authentication

> Enabled Windows Authentication

tried rww success
    <endsnip>

Larry Struckmeyer

Please post the resolution to your issue so that everyone can benefit

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Saturday, September 25, 2010 12:12 PM
  • Not sure it matters, but are you trying to do this internally, that is trying to use rWW from oine local workstation to connect to another local workstation, or are you trying to do this remotely?

Also verify that you have the latest version of RDP on the workstation.

-Kevin Weilbacher (SBS MVP)
    "The days pass by so quickly now, the nights are seldom long"
    KW Support MVP Blog
    MVP's do NOT work for Microsoft. We give our time freely to support the SBS community!
    Sunday, September 26, 2010 2:52 AM
  • Hi Kevin,

Internally works fine, its remotely and only on XP SP 3 clients. With Windows 7 Clients it's fine.

I have made sure that the the XP Cleints have RDP Version 7 installed as well.

Regards

Jay

Monday, September 27, 2010 10:32 AM
  • A bit of further info...

From what I've found, the "error 50331660" translates to:  TS Gateway is not reachable.

--
    Merv  Porter   [SBS-MVP]
    ============================
    "Runningbear" wrote in message news:9e869405-c10f-4de6-951c-1c59cf1926b8...

Hi Kevin, that

Internally works fine, its remotely and only on XP SP 3 clients. With Windows 7 Clients it's fine.

I have made sure that the the XP Cleints have RDP Version 7 installed as well.

Regards

Jay

Monday, September 27, 2010 2:25 PM
  • I have had this issue ran Fix My Network and restarted TS Gateway service and it worked.

Friday, December 17, 2010 12:37 AM
  • I'm hitting this same scenario now.  I'll post my journey to finding the solutions once I get there.  So far its a 'no go'.  Error message seems to indicate problem stemming from NTLM authentication.  TS Gateway doesn't control NTLM choice and I suspect this is within the correlated IIS resource.  Fix My Netwwork wizard isn't fixing my network ...at least in this respect.  TS Gateway CAP/RAP policies seem appropriate.
    Dale Unroe
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 6:01 PM