"Display a Progress Bar in an HTA" doesn't work in IE8 RRS feed

Answers

• I'm sorry, I consider that to be beyond the scope of this forum to troubleshoot possible IE compatibility issues.
    • Marked as answer by Marco Shaw Thursday, December 16, 2010 7:12 AM
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 7:12 AM

All replies

• I'm sorry, I consider that to be beyond the scope of this forum to troubleshoot possible IE compatibility issues.
    • Marked as answer by Marco Shaw Thursday, December 16, 2010 7:12 AM
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 7:12 AM
  • To which I would add: That is a user-submitted script that apparently nobody has tested. Best bet is to check with the original author. We don't really have the resources to troubleshoot all of the code in the repository. You're free to use it if it works (which it apparently doesn't), but there's no service-level agreement that says  that Microsoft or the forum moderators are required to troubleshoot and fix all of that code.

Bill

Thursday, December 16, 2010 3:34 PM
  • Just restore the focus back to the progress bar to show the update ...

Case "Run"
                            If Not bar.style.width = "100%" Then
                                    bar.focus ' < add this line here
                                    bar.style.width = Left(bar.style.width, Len(bar.style.width) - 1) + .5 & "%"

There is another problem in that this will steal the focus from any other window, like the command console window used in the example.  It would still be fine for use to show the progress for a 'real' long running process.

Tom Lavedas
    Saturday, December 18, 2010 4:51 PM