none
Project 2013 - Need to view Resources Usage with remaining work RRS feed

• Question

• I have Project 2013 and want to view the Resource Usage but show remaining work for each week showing all tasks and the total for the week. I cannot see how to select the remaining work in this view.

Dave

Monday, July 21, 2014 4:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Dave,

The remaining work is not available in the resource usage view. You could display the resource availability which gives you kind of a complementary information.

Another way is to run the "resource remaining work" visual report or to use the new "report" feature of Project 2013.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Monday, July 21, 2014 4:55 PM
  • Resource availability does not give me the information I am looking for and the Resource Remaining Work Visual Report does not show related tasks. Ideally I could see all remaining tasks for a person and how much remaining work there is by week. 

Dave

Monday, July 21, 2014 5:19 PM
  • Thus I guess you'll have to go through a report, either in Excel Services (via the Assignment Timephased OLAP cube) or SSRS.

The [dbo.MSP_EpmAssignmentByDay_UserView] table contains the [AssignmentRemainingWork].

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Monday, July 21, 2014 5:31 PM
  • The Work row shows all remaining work, provided you have updated your project correctly. After updating there should be no incomplete work in the past and no completed work in the future.

So if tasks start early, move the task to when it actually started. If it starts late delay it to when it actually started. Then work is remaining work.

Use the baseline and the tracking Gantt Chart to show where you are now compared to when you where meant to be.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Monday, July 28, 2014 8:22 AM