none
Power Query Refresh is failing: "Call to excel service returned an error" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have used share point list as my source and appended 2 lists using power query. Then uploaded the excel file to power pivot gallery in share point 2013.  I gave credentials in power query-->datasource settings and tried with different privacy level setting. Also, set credentials in the manage refresh of power pivot gallery. Still, it is failed. The error message is "Call to excel service returned an error".

ULS log shows "ECS failed with non-zero return status. First error is name='ExternalDataRefreshFailed'

message='An error occurred while working on the Data Model in the workbook. Please try again.We were unable to refresh one or more data connections in this workbook."

Please suggest.

Regards,

Julie

Monday, October 12, 2015 4:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Julie,

At this time, Power Query is not supported by SharePoint 2013 on-premises. Please see this article for more info:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/excel_services__powerpivot_for_sharepoint_support_blog/archive/2014/10/08/excel-services-and-powerpivot-for-sharepoint-2013-power-query-connection-errors.aspx

Ehren

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 5:36 PM
    Owner