none
DPM and VMM connection RRS feed

• Question

• DPM server is set up with VMM server using  set-dpmglobalproperty -knownvmmservers 

But at the moment our VMM server installation is having some serious issues. 

I need to keep backing up the clustered VM's with DPM while the SCVMM installation is troubleshooted/reinstalled

If i try to back up a vm now, i get error stating that DPM is not able to contact vmm. 

How do i remove the VMM "awareness"?   Ill need to get some backups done, even if i will have to manually keep track of vm's between clusters and standlone hosts.

Sunday, February 12, 2017 9:58 PM

Answers

• Hi

To remove VMM server just use double-quote "" in place of VMM server name.

Set-DMGlobalProperty -DPMServerName DPM_Server_Name –KnownVMMServers ""

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, February 13, 2017 8:42 PM

All replies

• Hi

To remove VMM server just use double-quote "" in place of VMM server name.

Set-DMGlobalProperty -DPMServerName DPM_Server_Name –KnownVMMServers ""

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, February 13, 2017 8:42 PM
  • Thank you. That worked :)

Fredrik

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 10:52 AM