RE: Windows Vista Sucks - Install a new xp and be happy! RRS feed

• General discussion

• Dear Fellow Vista haters,

I am proud to say that I have single handedly killed Vista and installed XP..

Story: Bought a new Gateway desktop with Vista , had audio skipping problems, returned it and got another one with Vista, same problem, then bought and Acer Aspire T180 with Vista.  For some weird reason it did not skip on the audio but had some interference which I could live with.  A few months later for no reason, little red x's were appearing in front of the audio files when trying to play them in WMP.  Did a System Restore to an earlier date and same thing.  SCREAM!  Now I'm mad!!!!!!   Called Acer techs and talked for hours and hours on how to solve this.  Finnally I totally restored it back to factory fresh.  NOW THIS ONE IS SKIPPING TOO!!!!!!!!!  SCREAM   Now I'm finished with Vista.  It doesn't work with half my programs, has too many pop ups, is forever to load and turn off.  For lack of a better word, VISTA SUCKS.    Acer tech said he didn't recommend installing xp myself.   But I did it anyways and MAGICALLY it works perfect!   Here's how......

Solution:  I bought a Full Retail Version of Windows XP Pro from http://edirectbuy.net for $54.99 plus $8.95 sh & H.  Not much for the peace of mind it brought.   Then I went to Acer's website and downloaded all the drivers for Xp and they were all there.   I think there was 4 or 5.  Chipset, Audio, Modem, etc.    I saved them to desktop and then put them on a flash drive.  Back up all your personal documents and pictures etc.  Then reboot the current Vista and go to the bios and change the boot order to boot from cd.  Put the new xp cd in the cd drawer and turn off computer then on again or restart.  Do not press F6 for third party raid drivers, just go on and then choose the NTFS install and  Quick Format (I think this is the top choice) which will format the harddrive and install xp.  I think when it first turned back on it warned me not to downgrade to XP which I happily ignored and chose to move on anyways.  So after installation I just put the drivers on the desktop from the flash drive and extracted them and then reinstalled the printer driver etc.  What's the big deal.  JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!  BE HAPPY AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Monday, January 21, 2008 5:47 AM

All replies

•  

I'm glad you like XP.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 6:34 PM
  • All of Microsoft sucks,  I only used a pc for Access. Fu@k Windows and IE, GO MAC!!!

Monday, August 25, 2008 2:58 AM
  •  

To anyone who is looking to pick up a cheap copy of XP I would highly suggest staying away from the retailer listed in the first post of this thread.

Full Retail versions of XP Professional are FAR MORE expensive than $55!

This site is a bit fishy to say the least and is likely selling counterfit copies or pirated copies of software.

I am sure Microsoft would be interested in finding out how their software can be sold at such a "bargain"...

Monday, August 25, 2008 3:05 PM
  • I've purchased 4 pc's over the past 6 months and all have had Vista pre-installed on them.  I tried working with Vista but it was a loosing battle.  All pc's now have a solid install of XP SP3 and are working fantastic.  Indeed, I installed a new XP and I'm happy!
    Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:55 PM