none
MS Project 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there any way to represent the resources and the duration they work through XY Plot in Project 2010?

Thanks.....

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 7:59 AM

Answers

• shyamalat --

There is no built-in method to display resources and Duration in any kind of report.  This is because Duration is task information, not resource information.  On the other hand, you can create a graph that displays resources and Work by using the built-in Visual Report called Resource Work Summary.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by shyamalat Tuesday, July 30, 2013 12:41 PM
    Tuesday, July 30, 2013 11:23 AM

All replies

• shyamalat --

There is no built-in method to display resources and Duration in any kind of report.  This is because Duration is task information, not resource information.  On the other hand, you can create a graph that displays resources and Work by using the built-in Visual Report called Resource Work Summary.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by shyamalat Tuesday, July 30, 2013 12:41 PM
    Tuesday, July 30, 2013 11:23 AM
  • Hi Dale,

Thanks for your reply....I have already checked that visio report and that is not the one I want . I need to plot Date Vs Resource Count. That is if I take a particular month dates in x-axis and resource count in y-axis, it should form a curve indicating the resources needed for that particular dates. Is it possible to achieve through Project or Visio?

I have attached an image of what I want exactly. Please do help me. Thanks a lot...:)

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 12:40 PM
  • Hi,

It looks you are looking for the Resource Graph view. Isn't that you are looking for?

Greetings,

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 12:50 PM
  • Hi Jan,

No I don't want the default resource graph view in project. Already I checked with that..I need to plot dates Vs number of resources as being plotted by a general XY graph. I have attached the image of what I want exactly here....Thanks...:)

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 5:04 AM
  • Hi,

I can't see your attachment so I fail to see what you need.

Greetings,

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 11:20 AM