none
Creating Scheduled Tasks GPO

Question

• Hi there, I am running into a strange issue, If on the domain controller (windows server 2012) I create a GPO and insert a scheduled task and run whether the user is logged on or not and using the NT AUTHORITY\System user with highest privileges, then the scheduled task will sync over just fine to the client computers (running windows 7), HOWEVER, the tasks cant seem to run correctly (initiating VPN connection via openVPN). But if I change the task locally on the machine to run as user DOMAIN\Administrator the task will execute just fine, the thing is when I got to the domain controller and make the scheduled task run as user DOMAIN\Administrator the tasks wont sync over to any of the client computers. Im confused on this, can anyone help with this? Thank you in advanced for any help or thoughts.
    Thursday, December 08, 2016 9:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am running into a strange issue, If on the domain controller (windows server 2012) I create a GPO and insert a scheduled task and run whether the user is logged on or not and using the NT AUTHORITY\System user with highest privileges, then the scheduled task will sync over just fine to the client computers (running windows 7), HOWEVER, the tasks cant seem to run correctly (initiating VPN connection via openVPN). But if I change the task locally on the machine to run as user DOMAIN\Administrator the task will execute just fine, the thing is when I got to the domain controller and make the scheduled task run as user DOMAIN\Administrator the tasks wont sync over to any of the client computers. Im confused on this, can anyone help with this? Thank you in advanced for any help or thoughts.

>>>I have tested for this. And I encounter a problem. The other users will not run the script when configure the setting “When running the task, use the following user account” with domain name\administrator.

If I configure the setting with domain name\domain users, the script could be run with domain user when logon.

To configure a schedule task in GPO, configure the setting above mentioned with the specific users or group. And configure trigger with At Log On.

For the location of the script, first, create a folder and share it to domain users, and type the UNC path in action when configure Schedule task in GPO.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 12, 2016 7:14 AM