none
Project Server 2010 categories and group permissions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have reason to suspect that permissions have been varied on categories and are different for differing users requiring the same categories. Are there any tools I can use to quickly look at the current permissions compared to the default permissions?

thanks

Steve

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 10:30 PM

Answers

• Hi Steve, in addition to Prasanna's answer, you can find the default permissions at https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc197499(v=office.14).aspx 

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

• Marked as answer by Stev Scott42 Thursday, March 26, 2015 8:57 AM
    Thursday, March 26, 2015 8:33 AM

All replies

• Steve,

This is one of the reasons why we always suggest that the default categories/groups be left intact and new elements be created for security.

You do have some options though:

1) Here is an excellent quick reference set up by Guillaume, that will give you links to the default security as defined out of the box.

2) You could simply create a blank PWA instance and see the permission settings.

3) For the Category Specific permissions for groups, you could create new groups and set up permissions with templates.

4) I think the Orange book by Gary Chefetz and Dale Howard also details out all the permissions.

At least these are the few things that I can think of the top of my head.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Thursday, March 26, 2015 4:19 AM
  • Hi Steve, in addition to Prasanna's answer, you can find the default permissions at https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc197499(v=office.14).aspx 

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

• Marked as answer by Stev Scott42 Thursday, March 26, 2015 8:57 AM
    Thursday, March 26, 2015 8:33 AM
  • Thank you Ben,

cheers

Steve

Thursday, March 26, 2015 8:58 AM