vista ultimate activation fails RRS feed

• Question

• anyone activated vista ultimate over a proxy connection?

was able to activate office ultimate 2007 using phone activation but vista will not show the series of 6-digit numbers, help and support comes up and complains connection was lost

called in to ms, using even an msdn sub ticket, no help, ms could not offer any solution on how to activate product (vista ultimate)

what I have tried

1.online activation (fails)

2.phone activation (fails to show number and activation numbers)

3.office ultimate 2007 activated fine using phone activation

Friday, January 26, 2007 12:53 AM

Answers

• You have to wait until automatic activation appears or you can stop activation timer (NOT RECOMMENED) to get rid of this problem.

Good luck

Sunday, January 28, 2007 2:24 PM
  • Disabling activation timer is a technique to hack on Vista activation program, you can search web for it, I can't help you hacking Windows.

Good luck

Sunday, January 28, 2007 7:37 PM

All replies

• you can use proxy connection only with VAMT tool and it is still not released + it is only for Volume license. There was some problem going on with MSDN keys...try again with Microsoft support. That issue has been taken care off. Also refer volume activation 2.0 white paper.
    Saturday, January 27, 2007 3:35 PM
  • I am having the same problem too!  I have a Volume Lic and loaded it on 2 computers...the second PC will not allow me to activate.

Saturday, January 27, 2007 10:21 PM
  • You have to wait until automatic activation appears or you can stop activation timer (NOT RECOMMENED) to get rid of this problem.

Good luck

Sunday, January 28, 2007 2:24 PM
  • Activation window appears, I enter my product key ( real key ) and it takes a few minutes and then it says it fails.

Sunday, January 28, 2007 4:16 PM
  • How do you stop activation timer?
    Sunday, January 28, 2007 4:16 PM
  • Oh and now it will let me do nothing but get to a web browser, so I cannot get into anything but files.

Sunday, January 28, 2007 4:17 PM
  • Disabling activation timer is a technique to hack on Vista activation program, you can search web for it, I can't help you hacking Windows.

Good luck

Sunday, January 28, 2007 7:37 PM