none
How can I associate a document with a task and have that show up in a Team Member's Task Details page? RRS feed

• Question

• I see on a project's Project Site where you can associate a document with a task as a "relevant item". However, if a Team Member clicks on their schedule, or on a task in their "My Tasks", that document doesn't show up.

Where would I associate the document to the task to achieve that?

This is Project Server 2013, by the way.

Thank you for your help!

• Edited by Sean Gibat Tuesday, May 20, 2014 12:32 AM
    Tuesday, May 20, 2014 12:14 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately, that is not a feature.

the document associated with the Project Site "task" is a SharePoint list construct and is contained only in the SharePoint Project Site.

on the PWA pages, the Project and Project Tasks are Project Server items, and there is no two way communications on this particular level.

the wording is awkward, but the concept is right.  Sorry, no can do in out of the box.   AFAIK (disclaimer! :)

direct the users back to the project site to view documents.

hope that helps,

Thanks, Eric S. Pcubed

• Marked as answer by Sean Gibat Friday, May 30, 2014 2:56 PM
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 8:03 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately, that is not a feature.

the document associated with the Project Site "task" is a SharePoint list construct and is contained only in the SharePoint Project Site.

on the PWA pages, the Project and Project Tasks are Project Server items, and there is no two way communications on this particular level.

the wording is awkward, but the concept is right.  Sorry, no can do in out of the box.   AFAIK (disclaimer! :)

direct the users back to the project site to view documents.

hope that helps,

Thanks, Eric S. Pcubed

• Marked as answer by Sean Gibat Friday, May 30, 2014 2:56 PM
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 8:03 PM
  • Aye, that is disappointing. I wonder if it would be possible to link the two with some programming. Thank you.
    Friday, May 30, 2014 2:56 PM