none
"Calculate Resource Utilization from" RRS feed

• Question

• Short of having to go into a file's Project Information window, is there a way to check either via a project-level field that I can add to a Project Center view, or a flag or some other attribute that I can check with a querry in the Reporting database (via oData) what a project file's "Calculate Resource Utilization from" is set to (Project Plan/ Resource Plan/ Project Plan Until)? I would like to validate all project files are set accordingly

\Spiro Theopoulos, Montreal, QC (Canada)

• Edited by Spiro Theopoulos Thursday, November 1, 2018 5:04 PM appended a sentence to clarify
    Thursday, November 1, 2018 5:02 PM

Answers

• Spiro --

I asked our Delivery team about the answer to your question.  One of our Reporting experts, Nate Auchter, gave me the following answer to give to you:

It’s not available for use in a Project Center view, but it is available in Reporting.

You can get it from the Projects() entity in OData.

<d:ResourcePlanUtilizationType m:type="Edm.Int16">0</d:ResourcePlanUtilizationType>

0 Means “Project Plan”
    1 Means “Resource Engagements”
    2 Means “Project Plan then Resource Engagements” and in this case, you’d want to know what date it switches also, which is the ResoucePlanUtilizationDate.

Also relevant is the booking type, which you’d need to get from either Assignments or Engagements to fully understand if the assignment or engagement is committed or proposed.

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, November 5, 2018 5:04 PM