none
Brand New ATA Centre Install (1.9) - HTTP 500 Internal Server Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Scratching me head a little here.

Just installed ATA centre on a domain joined Server 2019.  Ran through the wizard selecting the paths to install and the certificate I created etc.

Once the installer completes, I click launch, bypass the "This site is not secure" message, and then I get the HTTP500.  Browser is IE

ATA service is running, MongoDB is too.

Tried uninstalling and re-installing then using the self signed cert = same results.

I have done a massive amount of googling, but not come across any help.

Was wondering if anyone can help?

Best regards

• Edited by [AgK] Thursday, July 11, 2019 10:55 AM
    Thursday, July 11, 2019 10:46 AM

Answers

• Fixed it with a bit of Powershell

Remove-EventLog -LogName Microsoft-ServerManagementExperience

Now it loads.  Can only assume this log is created then using the Windows Admin Centre to manage Svr2019, and it conflicts with ATA

• Marked as answer by [AgK] Thursday, July 11, 2019 1:22 PM
    Thursday, July 11, 2019 1:22 PM

All replies

• The only error I can see is this one

2019-07-11 12:54:06.9131 7376 68  Error [EventLog] System.ArgumentException: Only the first eight characters of a custom log name are significant, and there is already another log on the system using the first eight characters of the name given. Name given: 'Microsoft ATA', name of existing log: 'Microsoft-ServerManagementExperience'.

Means nothing to me...

All the installer logs in AppData, appear to have completed successfully, but the above error appears in a couple of places

Thursday, July 11, 2019 1:09 PM
  • Fixed it with a bit of Powershell

Remove-EventLog -LogName Microsoft-ServerManagementExperience

Now it loads.  Can only assume this log is created then using the Windows Admin Centre to manage Svr2019, and it conflicts with ATA

• Marked as answer by [AgK] Thursday, July 11, 2019 1:22 PM
    Thursday, July 11, 2019 1:22 PM
  • Yes, it's a known issue, If you already have a log that start with the same 8 chars it's a problem.

It's actually a problem with the .net EventLog API that does a legacy check...

.net core already fixed it, I am awaiting a fix for .net desktop as well, no ETA yet though.

Thursday, July 11, 2019 1:40 PM
  • That might work but you are deleting an event log. In my case, it is conflicting with the Powershell Operational log. I can't delete that.

I do hope MS provides a fix for this because I can't get past installation.

Thursday, July 11, 2019 8:28 PM
  • I opened a support case on this and it was resolved with a work around. I built a base Windows server, installed ATA and configured it then I used our company server build tools to build out the server with all the stuff, hot fixes, IDS, antivirus, the works.

Now I'm up and running without deleting my PowerShell operational log.

Thursday, August 8, 2019 7:57 PM
  • Yeah. That makes sense. If I hadn’t have used remote server management tools then the log wouldn’t have been created. I have used it again since and the log has recreated and all works just fine. We got there in the end, is all that matters :-)
    Thursday, August 8, 2019 8:50 PM