none
Domain level GPOs only being applied to a windows 10 OU

Question

• This is a fun one.  I have an OU in my AD that has windows 10 pro machines.  It's only pulling GPOs that are applied at the domain level, even if inheritance is blocked.  I have machines on which I've disabled the GNU hardening as well as left it on, and both clean installs of windows and upgrades from Windows 7.  None of the machines pull GPOs linked to the OU.  The GPOs pull fine with windows 7 machines.  Anyone know what might cause that?
    Wednesday, May 18, 2016 1:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• > None of the machines pull GPOs linked to the OU.  The GPOs pull fine
    > with windows 7 machines.

Admin-Commandline: gpresult /h report.html && report.html

What does this report about applied and denied GPOs?

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 2:38 PM
  • Hi,
    As Martin suggested, please check the message about these GPOs in the group policy result report. And you could also do a simple test: create a simple GPO and link to the OU, apply it by running gpupdate /force command to see if the same issue happen.
    Also, here is an article regarding common problems causing Group Policy to not apply, you could take a look and use for reference:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/22457.10-common-problems-causing-group-policy-to-not-apply.aspx
    Regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 19, 2016 7:39 AM
  • Using gpresult /r:

Applied group policy objects: N/A

Local group policy filtered out.

This is different than last week; it appears that the blocked inheritance has finally taken effect. 

Using gpresult /h:

The system can see the policies on the DC, but doesn't apply them.  Let me see if I can link the result here.

• Edited by ElRandyTech Wednesday, May 25, 2016 5:19 PM
    Wednesday, May 25, 2016 4:55 PM
  • Thanks, I've already been through that article.  While it did teach me a couple of things, there wasn't anything in it that helped in this particular situation.
    Wednesday, May 25, 2016 4:57 PM
  • Hi,
    Please have a try to disable link to the OU and re-enable link again, then run gpupdate /force command to see if it works.
    Regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 7:30 AM