none
SCCM - Win7 x64 - DeepFreeze Computers stuck starting Maintenance Mode

Question

• We have computer labs that are running Win7 x64, SCEP, and Deep Freeze.  Deep freeze is set to go into maintenance mode every night at 11am so the machine has time to get any updates.  This has worked well for YEARS!!! Recently, when I get in at work, some of the computers are stuck at either "Logging Off", "Shutting Down", or have a box that reads "This machine will shutdown for Maintenance in 3 Minutes".  I have to hard reboot them and they come back frozen...what gives?  Faronics is not very helpful, they suggested we update from 7.1 to 7.6, which we did, and still no change.  PLEASE HELP!
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

According to the description, this issue is more related Deep Freeze, as I am not familiar with this software, you may consult Faronics support for help.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:39 AM
  • Joel,  I have had DeepFreeze installed and running on about 300 computers for over a decade now.  Starting with versions 6.xx I started finding computers still in maintenance long after the period should have ended.  We are now at version 8.31 and still I have the problem where a computer or two in several labs will still be in maintenance until someone actually logs into the computer.  I am told that the deepfreeze service quits and that is why it is not the same computers each time.  Faronics had me running a script that would cause the service to restart but I am still having the problem on a daily basis.  Not wide spread but annoying as the computers are thawed when in maintenance.
    Monday, January 11, 2016 7:00 PM