Word/PowerPoint, Smartart, Format Shape, Solid Fill RRS feed

• Question

• Good day to you.  Is there a way to have 2 solid colors in the solid fill shape?  any help is appreciated
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 4:34 PM

Answers

• You might be referring to gradient fill and since you didn't mention your version I'll explain using Word 2010.

From the ribbon choose Insert > Shape and draw in what you want. Then from the contextual format tab that opens choose Shape Fill > Gradients > More Gradients. In this dialog you choose Gradient Fill and then you can mess around with the various settings to get the look you want.

Another faster way to get to the Format Shape dialog is once you've got your shaped entered, right click on it and choose the Fill button.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards, Rich ... http://greatcirclelearning.com
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 4:54 PM

All replies

• You might be referring to gradient fill and since you didn't mention your version I'll explain using Word 2010.

From the ribbon choose Insert > Shape and draw in what you want. Then from the contextual format tab that opens choose Shape Fill > Gradients > More Gradients. In this dialog you choose Gradient Fill and then you can mess around with the various settings to get the look you want.

Another faster way to get to the Format Shape dialog is once you've got your shaped entered, right click on it and choose the Fill button.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards, Rich ... http://greatcirclelearning.com
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 4:54 PM
  • Hi,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. Is the problem resolved? If there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards, 

William Zhou

Forum Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, August 11, 2011 1:22 AM
  • Hi,

As I have not heard from you for several days. I will go ahead and close this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply to us and this thread will be re-opened.

Best Regards, 

William Zhou

Forum Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, August 12, 2011 5:40 AM