Unable to delete End User Files from a single site collection RRS feed

• Question

• I have found a situation where I cannot purge a site collection's recycle bin.  I have a site where users can delete files.  The files are deleted and go to the "End User Recycle Bin".  As a Farm Admin, if I go to the recycle bin and click "Empty" or "Delete Selected" the files do not move from the End User to the 2nd Stage. 

Yes...  I have checked and verified the Web Application General Settings for the Second Stage Recycle Bin.

But no matter what I do, I cannot get these files out of the end user recycle bin and the bin fills and fills with files.

The only way I was able to empty this bin was to shut off the recycle bin completely.

Any ideas on this one?

Thursday, April 19, 2012 2:42 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Try this for testing_. Increase storage space for your site collection by almost 2-3 times than the currently used space.

Then again try to empty the recycle bin.

Regards, Rohan --Please mark as "Answer" if the post resolve your issue--

Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:26 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Try this for testing_. Increase storage space for your site collection by almost 2-3 times than the currently used space.

Then again try to empty the recycle bin.

Regards, Rohan --Please mark as "Answer" if the post resolve your issue--

Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:26 PM
  • Are using quotas for that site collection? If yes remove the quota and try to delete the items.

MCITP|MCTS SharePoint| SharePoint Performance blog

Sunday, April 22, 2012 5:54 PM