locked
Sharepoint 2007 - periodically HTTP 400 error after restore RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    Yesterday I was fiddling with my company's external website that is running Sharepoint 2007. Basically I experienced some problems at had to restore the site from a database backup.

    1. Before I made any changes I took snapshots of the 2 Sharepoint servers (front-end and back-end) through vSphere Client. Then I made a backup of the content database of this particular site I was working ong.
    2. I fiddled with the site, got into some trouble where I had to restore back to the original state
    3. I reverted the  2 sharepoint servers again through vSphere Client.
    4. I restored the content database

    The site was up and running perfectly, but now I'm experiencing HTTP 400 errors periodically (when trying to open the site). I have to restore all over again (and again), because this error 400 keeps coming.

    Can anyone help?

    regards

    Pilu

    Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:24 PM

Answers

  • Update:

    I found this article that I followed:
    http://aberkut.wordpress.com/2010/02/17/solution-400-bad-request-error-in-sharepoint-2007-on-restoring-a-database/

    The website hasn't been down in hours now - looks promising.

    Thursday, June 27, 2013 5:44 PM

All replies

  • Hello,

    It seems something you missed out while restoring. My first through is about SSP so please check your SSP and user profile settings and configuration..

    You also need to check SP ULS log and event viewer (run-->eventvwr) for error details:

    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\LOGS

    Let us know if you find something in log


    Hemendra: "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

    Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

    Please feel free to unmark answer if does not resolves your problem.

    Thursday, June 27, 2013 6:04 AM
    Moderator
  • Hello,

    It seems something you missed out while restoring. My first through is about SSP so please check your SSP and user profile settings and configuration..

    You also need to check SP ULS log and event viewer (run-->eventvwr) for error details:

    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\LOGS

    Let us know if you find something in log


    Hemendra: "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

    Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

    Please feel free to unmark answer if does not resolves your problem.

    Hi

    Thanks for the reply.

    As I am reverting the snapshot everytime the fail comes the eventviewer entries are lost. I will save the eventviewer to a disk next time it happens.

    It boiled down to this:
    All I have to do to get it up and running is by reverting the snapshots. The database restore is not necessary (I tried it yester day by only reverting snapshot).

    The sharepoint site has tens of thousands of users why this is very critical. Any help is welcomed!

    regards
    Pilu

    Thursday, June 27, 2013 11:57 AM
  • Update:

    I found this article that I followed:
    http://aberkut.wordpress.com/2010/02/17/solution-400-bad-request-error-in-sharepoint-2007-on-restoring-a-database/

    The website hasn't been down in hours now - looks promising.

    Thursday, June 27, 2013 5:44 PM
  • It's good to hear you got it working.

    This won't help you with this issue now that it's happened and it's unsolicited advice, but in the future you're better to create a test environment where you can do your fiddling instead of playing with the environment used by tens of thousands of users. :D


    Thursday, June 27, 2013 7:01 PM
  • It's good to hear you got it working.

    This won't help you with this issue now that it's happened and it's unsolicited advice, but in the future you're better to create a test environment where you can do your fiddling instead of playing with the environment used by tens of thousands of users. :D



    I did indeed do that first :) but the test environment was not completely the same although I made backup/restore from the production with the stsadm tool (I guess I learned that the hard way). We are now leaning towards making a exact copy of the servers to create test environment.
    Friday, June 28, 2013 10:42 AM