Ease of use Question RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to find a way to make a mouse easier to use for someone who has jittery hands. In other words, a person in my family has the problem of "clicking" the mouse 3-4 times for every click they intended to click. This leads to 3-4 (or more) instances of the program being opened (and this person getting quite upset, at times). Is there a setting or program that would help to counteract that problem?

They are using Windows 7 Home Premium, by the way.

Thanks a Million and Merry Christmas.

There are 10 types of people in the world; those that understand binary, and those that don't.
    Thursday, December 24, 2009 8:30 PM

Answers

• You can try to modify the mouse Double-Click Sensitivity setting in the Registry, you can refer to the following steps.

1.Click Start, type regedit.exe in the Start Search box, and press Enter. Please click contain if the UAC pop up.
    2. Navigate to the following registry.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse

3. Right click the DoubleClickSpeed in the right pane, and reduce the value to 100 or less.
    4. Restart your computer to test.

I hope this would help.

John
    Friday, December 25, 2009 5:58 AM
  • Hi,

You can find the setting in Control Panel --- Mouse --- Buttons --- Double click speed. There is a test area beside the slide bar so you can let him test there to find a suitable setting.

Note: This may affect others using the same computer with the same user.
    Monday, December 28, 2009 11:02 AM

All replies

• You can try to modify the mouse Double-Click Sensitivity setting in the Registry, you can refer to the following steps.

1.Click Start, type regedit.exe in the Start Search box, and press Enter. Please click contain if the UAC pop up.
    2. Navigate to the following registry.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse

3. Right click the DoubleClickSpeed in the right pane, and reduce the value to 100 or less.
    4. Restart your computer to test.

I hope this would help.

John
    Friday, December 25, 2009 5:58 AM
  • Hi,

You can find the setting in Control Panel --- Mouse --- Buttons --- Double click speed. There is a test area beside the slide bar so you can let him test there to find a suitable setting.

Note: This may affect others using the same computer with the same user.
    Monday, December 28, 2009 11:02 AM
  • In your signature, you forgot to mention those people who didn't realise that the joke was in base 3 ;)
    Wednesday, April 16, 2014 11:43 PM