BSOD, Can't boot (even in Safe mode), can't load anything RRS feed

• Question

• Hey.

My computer was working fine until it started to randomly BSOD me consistently. To the point I could only load safe mode. I tried several virus scans, system restores to no avail. I decided I had no choice but to reinstall Windows completely. So I backed up all my data on a laptop, and then used my disc to install Windows XP SP 3.

It seemed to perform the first part of the installation perfectly fine, but when it reboots and continues, it BSOD's me again. And now I can't do anything at all. I can't install windows, I can't get into Safe Mode, and when I try the Recovery console, it asks for an administrator password which I've never put on this computer. Please help, as I'm beyond frustrated.

Every time I look for help, people always say "Load in safe mode" despite my already explaining I can't.

Thursday, November 14, 2013 8:09 AM

All replies

• I suspect your HDD needs to be replaced.  Windows does not have the capability to compensate for defective hardware.  The system maybe asking for an Administrator password due to a corrupted file.  I suggest you run diagnostics on the HDD.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:52 AM