Conferencing policy features doesn't work on Mac clients RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I assigned a global ConferencingPolicy to all users with "AllowOfficeContent $false" My purpose was the turn off PowerPoint Sharing area on SFB Clients.

Windows SFB clients are ok, "Powerpoint presentation" was disappeared on SFB windows clients. But it doesn't work on SFB clients for Mac they still able to see Share Powerpoint Presentation link. 

Is this a known issue?

SFB for Mac client is latest version

SFB 2015 is latest CU

Sunday, May 24, 2020 4:03 PM

All replies

• Hi PureLync!

Does user on SFB for mac client and users on SFB client are in the same Skype for Business server?

I am afraid it is not a known issue in Skype for Business on Mac. As I searched the list of known issue and didn’t find any known issues related to this issue. You can refer to this link to know some known issue on Skype for Business for Mac:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/known-issues-skype-for-business-on-mac-494ac5d5-50be-4aa7-8f5a-669c71c98c9a

To narrow down this issue, it recommends you try to change another conference policy to see if these conference policy also cannot apply in Skype for Business for Mac. If another conference policy is not work on SFB for Mac, you can also give a feedback on Skype for Business UserVoice (Link: https://www.skypefeedback.com/forums/299913-generally-available/suggestions/40504105-conferencing-policy-features-doesn-t-work-on-mac-c).Your time, understanding and cooperation will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.
    Monday, May 25, 2020 6:18 AM
  • Hi Jimmyy,

Thanks for reply

Users on the same SFB pool. In one conference policy, i also set to Disable File Transfer and Take Control. It works well.. Mac client can't transfer file and can't give control to participants. 

I have created a new conferencing policy with the same setting and assigned to the test user and sign-in SFB from Mac Client but it still shows "Powerpoint Share"

For example, it seems disable File Transfer but Powerpoint Share still there

Thanks for posting there i ll follow, i guess this is a SFB for Mac client bug

Monday, May 25, 2020 2:00 PM
  • Hi PureLync!

You should ensure that you have installed the following link of cumulative update, or you cannot disable the powerpoint feature successfully.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2978444/update-for-lync-server-2013-to-disable-lync-web-app-users-ability-to-u

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 28, 2020 9:57 AM
  • Hey

thanks but I use Skype, not Lync :) 

Saturday, May 30, 2020 7:50 PM
  • Hi PureLync!

Do other SFB client Mac versions have similar problems?

Does anyone else have the same issue?

It looks like a Skype for Business for Mac client issue and only this command cannot work in Mac.

You can try to change different version of client to see if this issue can be fixed.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.
    Wednesday, June 3, 2020 1:55 PM
  • Hi Jimmyy,

Of course all Mac clients having this issue not only me :)

Are you advising me to try all old versions of sfb for Mac ? I have alread opened a case on Microsoft Premier Support, seems it's a Skype for Business for Mac client bug. 

Friday, June 5, 2020 9:19 AM
  • Hi PureLync

Are you advising me to try all old versions of sfb for Mac ? 

Yes, it is to make sure if this issue is related to SFB for Mac client version.

If you have any update, please feel free to drop us a note. Thank you very much!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 10:00 AM
  • Hi,
    Is there any update on this case?
    Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.
    Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 10:01 AM