none
STOP: 0x0000001E (0xFFFFFFFFC00000094,0xFFFFFF8000C074D1E,0x0000000000,0xFFFFFFFFFFD) RRS feed

• Question

• This screen pops up as soon as I turn on wireless and connect to the Internet.  It started this morning after I downloaded what I thought was a "Print to PDF" application from www.digitaltrends.com.  Instead, I got a bunch of apps included Bubble Dock, Chromium, Driver Restore, and more.  I was able to uninstall everything except a folder labeled Coupoon.

*** STOP: 0x0000001E (0xFFFFFFFFC00000094,0xFFFFFF8000C074D1E,0x0000000000,0xFFFFFFFFFFD)

Windows 7 Pro

Any ideas would be helpful, thank you!

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 7:02 PM

Answers

• Your time is so far off you will not get updates (or anything else)  It appears you aare on a domain, if this is not correct you are running a pirated key.

Your broadcom driver is corrupt and need re-installation

Your BIOS is corrupt and needs updatin

Adobe reader is corrupt

Etc, etc, etc.  Your best bet is a clean install

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

• Marked as answer by RT408 Thursday, July 9, 2015 1:15 AM
    Wednesday, July 8, 2015 9:37 PM

All replies

•  
    We do need the actual log files (called a DMP files) as they contain the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.  

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
    If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 7:08 PM
  • I cannot find the Minidump file or folder.
    Wednesday, July 8, 2015 7:44 PM
  • Is there a DMP file located @ C:\windows called MEMORY.DMP?  Did you configure your machine to enable DMPS as described int eh wiki?

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 7:49 PM
  • There is no file in C:\windows by the name memory.

I followed these instructions: 

Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button.

Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.

Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the drop down box (the 256kb varies).

Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.

OK your way out.

Reboot if changes have been made.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 7:52 PM
  • OK lets try something else.  Can we get your event viewer logs??

Please read this wiki to find out how to find and upload your event viewer logs

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 8:07 PM
  • Here is a link to view the file.  Thank you.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=AC8A031637FC4EE8!106&authkey=!AKOKA6bLtGCpO98&ithint=file%2czip

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 8:29 PM
  • Your time is so far off you will not get updates (or anything else)  It appears you aare on a domain, if this is not correct you are running a pirated key.

Your broadcom driver is corrupt and need re-installation

Your BIOS is corrupt and needs updatin

Adobe reader is corrupt

Etc, etc, etc.  Your best bet is a clean install

• Marked as answer by RT408 Thursday, July 9, 2015 1:15 AM
    Wednesday, July 8, 2015 9:37 PM
  • Thank you for all your help
    Thursday, July 9, 2015 1:15 AM
  • We encountered this recently when my wife downloaded a PDF file of play money for the kids. There were a number of apps we didn't want. And some malware that popped up every time a network connection was established. It also disabled the anti-virus program. Every time I enabled McAffee, it'd shut off within seconds.

If you're having the same experience, your blue-screen isn't real. If you see the BSOD, but the Windows key brings up the start menu, then you've got what we had. It's fake, and an attempt to get you to call the 800 number shown in the BSOD to get it fixed.

Here's what I did: Boot into safe mode with networking, then download and install the latest version of MalwareBytes. Let it update and then scan your computer. Clean your system and then reboot.

If your BSOD is "real," then you've got another issue. But your "stop code" completely matches what we got, as does your description of getting extra programs you didn't want.

(I found other instructions and information here: http://deletemalware.blogspot.com/2015/07/remove-fake-bsod-1-888-991-9974-caused.html)

• Edited by Derek Gwinn Tuesday, July 21, 2015 9:14 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Larry W123 Thursday, September 17, 2015 8:25 PM
    Tuesday, July 21, 2015 9:13 PM
  • Hey, just wanted to say thanks for the info. I got the same thing, bunch of unwanted programs installed by downloading one program. It gave me the fake screen every time i turned on the laptop. Its my parents laptop and i was frantically trying to fix it before they got home from work. Nothing worked im guessing because it was a fake screen. I finally ran into your comment and tried it and it actually worked. Thanks you so much man my parents would have killed me hahaha lucky it was just a fake screen.
    Thursday, September 17, 2015 8:25 PM
  • This is exactly the same problem I had with a client's laptop and, like you said, simply booting in safe mode with networking to download Malwarebytes and doing a scan was all it took to clean this problem up. I thought the BSOD looked a little bit weird also - it usually takes up the entire screen - and the start button and taskbar still working is what gave it away. Thanks for putting up your experience and how you solved it.
    Monday, January 25, 2016 8:21 PM