none
WMP12 does not list my bluetooth headphones under devices. RRS feed

• Question

• Just got a pair of artic bluetooth headphones and was able to pair it to my laptop running win 7.  It shows up in devices under devices and printers but is not showing up in devices in WMP12.  All that shows up there is my dvd drive, my display, and speakers.  When I click on the speaker icon and select the audio device in the drop down menu all that is available is the realtec audio or default audio device. The headphones are not listed. Clicking on the default audio device still doesn't get the headphones to work.  The headphones work fine with my tablet though.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
    Thursday, January 14, 2016 12:51 AM

Answers

• Hi Anamandy,

Could you hear any sound from your Bluetooth headphones? Please do a test in advance, maybe this issue is related to the Bluetooth devices rather than Windows media player.

Let’s follow these steps below to troubleshoot current situation.

1. Go to Devices and Printers. Right-click the device icon, and select Control. A dialogue Bluetooth Device Control appears.

2. Click "Disconnect", then "Connect to see the result.

3. If above operations don’t work, please go to Device Manager, uninstall current Bluetooth controller software and do a scan, Windows would identify device and install drivers automatically.

4. Go to your Bluetooth devices, see an entry for your headset, right click, properties, services tab and make sure headset option is selected.

5. After all these, right click volume icon, playback devices and you should find an entry for the connected Bluetooth headset, set that as default.

6. Go to Devices and Printers/Bluetooth Devices, right click the icon for your headset, click Control and on the pop-up window, click Connect.

Besides, there is a similar case can be used as a reference, please check it.

http://superuser.com/questions/471767/bluetooth-headset-pairs-and-appears-in-sound-devices-but-shows-as-disconnected

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 18, 2016 8:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Anamandy,

Could you hear any sound from your Bluetooth headphones? Please do a test in advance, maybe this issue is related to the Bluetooth devices rather than Windows media player.

Let’s follow these steps below to troubleshoot current situation.

1. Go to Devices and Printers. Right-click the device icon, and select Control. A dialogue Bluetooth Device Control appears.

2. Click "Disconnect", then "Connect to see the result.

3. If above operations don’t work, please go to Device Manager, uninstall current Bluetooth controller software and do a scan, Windows would identify device and install drivers automatically.

4. Go to your Bluetooth devices, see an entry for your headset, right click, properties, services tab and make sure headset option is selected.

5. After all these, right click volume icon, playback devices and you should find an entry for the connected Bluetooth headset, set that as default.

6. Go to Devices and Printers/Bluetooth Devices, right click the icon for your headset, click Control and on the pop-up window, click Connect.

Besides, there is a similar case can be used as a reference, please check it.

http://superuser.com/questions/471767/bluetooth-headset-pairs-and-appears-in-sound-devices-but-shows-as-disconnected

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 18, 2016 8:34 AM
  • Hi Anamandy,
    Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 12:03 PM