during launching an appv package the use of processor set 100% and never open the app. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I just created a sequence for the application Actuate 7 eSpreadsheet Designer 10.0 with appv 5 sp2. I tested it using the powershell commands in order to publish the app in a test machine (with appv client install). When I launched the shortcut published in the test machine, the use of the processor (CPU) set to 100% and never opened the application.  During the dry run of the media, it didn't take more than 30 seconds, but in appv environment I spent around a hour an the app never opened.  Someone have any idea how to fix this? Any help is  really appreciated

• Edited by Jorge030379 Thursday, August 28, 2014 1:10 PM
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 11:32 PM

Answers

• Did you run ProcMon during the launch to see what it's doing? Do a ProcMon on a machine with the local install and compare with a machine with App-V on it.

Do the App-V logs show anything?

Anything in the App-V Sequencer report?

Check out the great Steve Thomas blogs on Troubleshooting. He also has an awesome video tutorial of how to use ProcMon for troubleshooting App-V issues: http://madvirtualizer.wordpress.com/2014/08/27/app-v-4-application-troubleshooting-breaking-down-virtualization-issues-pt-i/

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Thursday, August 28, 2014 12:58 AM
  • Hi Rorymon. I used the Process Monitor and I found that the problem is regarding that the application is using a special version of Javaw.exe. It's included in the bubble. When you open the application it execute this files and created a dat file "eSpreadsheet.dat" . I opened this file and I noticed that here is point to the Java exe file.

[jvms]

selected=C:\AppV\Actuate7eSpreadSheet\espreadsheet\jre\bin\javaw.exe
    jvm1_1.4.1_1=C:\AppV\Actuate7eSpreadSheet\espreadsheet\jre\bin\javaw.exe

In the Test machine (with Appv Client installed), I performed the ProcessMonitor and I noticed that it's not executing the Javaw.exe included in the package. I executed the java.exe that it's installed in the physical machine. So I think this is the problem. 

Maybe you can help me with this.  How can I edit this dat file in order to point to the Javaw.exe file inside of the bubble? 

Thanks in advance for the support. 

Jorge F. 

Thursday, August 28, 2014 5:40 PM

All replies

• Did you run ProcMon during the launch to see what it's doing? Do a ProcMon on a machine with the local install and compare with a machine with App-V on it.

Do the App-V logs show anything?

Anything in the App-V Sequencer report?

Check out the great Steve Thomas blogs on Troubleshooting. He also has an awesome video tutorial of how to use ProcMon for troubleshooting App-V issues: http://madvirtualizer.wordpress.com/2014/08/27/app-v-4-application-troubleshooting-breaking-down-virtualization-issues-pt-i/

Thursday, August 28, 2014 12:58 AM
  • Hello Rorymon. How Can I get the App-v logs?

The App-v Sequencer just report that some files were excluded. But all of them are temparal files.

I tried the Devirtualization process in a clean machine and It looks work properly.  So I think the sequence included the  files and registry key needed

I will try Process monitor,  but Do you know What operations I need to take care?

Thursday, August 28, 2014 1:18 PM
  • Check out the App-V logs under Event Viewer (if nothing shows up as suspect, go to views and enable the Debug and Analytic logs...this provides more granular logs)

Check out the video tutorial from Steve on Channel 9, it's a good introduction:

https://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/Defrag-Tools/Defrag-Tools-80-App-V

He uses it for a pretty specific case but it should highlight how it can be used for many situations too

Thursday, August 28, 2014 1:49 PM
  • Hi Rorymon. I used the Process Monitor and I found that the problem is regarding that the application is using a special version of Javaw.exe. It's included in the bubble. When you open the application it execute this files and created a dat file "eSpreadsheet.dat" . I opened this file and I noticed that here is point to the Java exe file.

[jvms]

selected=C:\AppV\Actuate7eSpreadSheet\espreadsheet\jre\bin\javaw.exe
    jvm1_1.4.1_1=C:\AppV\Actuate7eSpreadSheet\espreadsheet\jre\bin\javaw.exe

In the Test machine (with Appv Client installed), I performed the ProcessMonitor and I noticed that it's not executing the Javaw.exe included in the package. I executed the java.exe that it's installed in the physical machine. So I think this is the problem. 

Maybe you can help me with this.  How can I edit this dat file in order to point to the Javaw.exe file inside of the bubble? 

Jorge F. 

Thursday, August 28, 2014 5:40 PM