Shared Mailbox, Send On Behalf and Forwarding cause duplicate "Sent Items" message across the distribution group users RRS feed

• Question

• Setting:

1. Our Shared Mailbox setting is 

l  -MessageCopyForSendOnBehalfEnabled $true

l  -MessageCopyForSentAsEnabled $true

2. User permission in the Shared Mailbox is Reviewer

l  -Inbox (reviewer)

l  -Sent (reviewer)

3. Forwarding enabled

l  A distribution group which contain all reviewers as forward email recipient

l  Deliver message to both forwarding address and mailbox

Resuit:

During a user send an email by using on behalf as the Shared mailbox;

1. Sender have an email in his/her “Sent Item” [Nice]
    2. Shared mailbox “Sent Item” have an copy of sent mail [Nice]

Problem:

1. All user in the distribution group will also receive a copy of sent item which same as Resuit 1 [Not NICE]

Question:

Is there any solution to solve the problem or just I have some setting missing.

(Sorry for my bad English)

Monday, March 12, 2018 6:10 AM

All replies

• Your English is very good and better than many native speakers.  This is a very well-written question.

Why would you forward something received by a shared mailbox to multiple recipients?  It kind of defeats the purpose of a shared mailbox.  Normally users who are interested in what comes into the shared mailbox would add it as an additional mailbox in their profiles so they'll see when something is delivered to it.

I'm afraid that I don't have a good answer to your request.  You appear to be enabling two settings that interact with each other in a way that's not desirable for your purposes.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Thursday, March 15, 2018 2:46 AM
  • It's just the way it works, I tried to bring it up previously but didn't get any answer as to whether this is considered a bug or "feature". I put a short article on it here (https://www.michev.info/Blog/Post/1947), although it doesn't give you any "solution". I'll try spamming few folks again...
    Thursday, March 15, 2018 8:46 AM