none
P2010 - changes in custom views for timesheets RRS feed

• Question

• hello everyone

#1- I think elsewhere on the board that I read that any changes to the timesheet views (standard or custom) sometimes lagged in being displayed to the user. I tried to do some changes to a custom view for timesheet and another for assignments, and couldn't see the changes take place when using the custom views as a user. Is this actually an issue? what would trigger the change to be displayed?

#2 - I think I also read that instead of creating custom views for the timesheet, we should do an administrative backup and change the default timesheet. then if we need it to change back, to use the administrative restore. Is the backup and restore reliable for the non-project admin backups such as views, global templates, etc. Any pitfalls I should be aware of? Thanks in advance for all of your advice.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 4:35 PM

Answers

• Hi LD2009,

#1: Does this only happen for timesheets already created by the users? Or also for newly created timesheets? Try deleting and recreating the timesheet and see if it makes a difference.

#2: I haven't heard anything about not creating custom timesheet views. The administrative backup and restore seems like serious overkill to me, as you cannot backup and restore individual views. So if you are going to restore the views, all views will be restored and not only the timesheet view. So all changes made t other views are also lost.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Monday, July 18, 2011 8:58 AM