Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 Dual-Boot RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a Dual Boot with Server 2016 TP 2 and Windows 10. Today, when I logged into Windows 10, it looks like a mix of the two OS's. It has all my Windows 10 stuff, but the Screen is small and the Icons are big (Like Server.) Has anyone heard of this? How do I fix it? Please respond.
    Tuesday, August 11, 2015 10:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It will not happen that one system in dual boot affect the other one.

Test to change your screen resolution and the "size of text, apps and other items" by right click on Desktop and choose Display. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by 24 15 19 14 Sunday, January 21, 2018 11:31 PM
    Wednesday, August 12, 2015 1:07 PM
  • Sounds like the video switched back to the in-box vga driver.

Stgraves

Windows Beta Support Team

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 4:13 PM
  • Hi me again...I had Geek Squad look at it and they couldn't fix it. They installed new software for my Video Card and shrunk the icons down but they Screen Size is still too small. I will look at the Drivers again. I'll reply back in a sec.
    Wednesday, August 12, 2015 7:06 PM
  • Hi, I looked at Device Manager and the Drivers are up to date. I looked at Display and the Maximum Screen Size is 1280 X 1024. I'm attaching a Screenshot, but you cannot see the area of black around the Monitor (Screen Size.)
    Wednesday, August 12, 2015 8:37 PM
  • Anyone? My screen resolution should be at 1920 x etc...Should I try Geek Squad again? What should I tell them?
    Friday, August 14, 2015 8:27 PM
  • Can you attach a screenshot of Device Manager with the display adapter tree expanded.  I'm interested to know what video card is physically installed in the system and then what display adapter is listed in Device Manager.  Are they the same?
    Wednesday, August 19, 2015 7:19 PM
  • What is the make/model of video adapter in Device Manager?

What is the driver version in Device Manager?

I'll see what I can find out.

Regards,

Steven Graves

Windows Beta Support team.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 7:42 PM