What precaution need to take before WSP deployment on SharePoint server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Can any please suggets what precaution need to take before WSP deployment on SharePoint server.

Means what folders/ application need to take backup. 

Thursday, December 12, 2013 5:38 AM

Answers

• Hello,

As per my experience, always take backup of web.config file of your web application and central admin before installing WSP. I don't think you need anything else apart from this but here is one good PPT for best practice. Worth to read it.

http://www.slideshare.net/salaudeenar/best-practices-for-share-point-solution-deployment

Hope it could help

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Thursday, December 12, 2013 8:56 AM
  • It will be good if you can take following backups......but it depends on what components you are installing with wsp, you should be ready with fall back option

Backup virtual directory of web application 
    Backup of Site
    Backup of WSP
    SQL Backup of content db

Mark ANSWER if this reply resolves your query, If helpful then VOTE HELPFUL
    INSQLSERVER.COM Mohammad Nizamuddin

Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:34 AM

All replies

• Hello,

As per my experience, always take backup of web.config file of your web application and central admin before installing WSP. I don't think you need anything else apart from this but here is one good PPT for best practice. Worth to read it.

http://www.slideshare.net/salaudeenar/best-practices-for-share-point-solution-deployment

Hope it could help

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Thursday, December 12, 2013 8:56 AM
  • It will be good if you can take following backups......but it depends on what components you are installing with wsp, you should be ready with fall back option

Backup virtual directory of web application 
    Backup of Site
    Backup of WSP
    SQL Backup of content db

Mark ANSWER if this reply resolves your query, If helpful then VOTE HELPFUL
    INSQLSERVER.COM Mohammad Nizamuddin

Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:34 AM