none
Exchange Provisioning RRS feed

• Question

• I like to set default values for POP3, IMAP4 but there are no multivalued constants to pass to Exchange's ProtocolSettings

What to do other than running a power shell script.

Thanks,

George

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 6:35 PM

All replies

• Hello George,

I could be mistaken but I am pretty sure these values are not controlled by the AD schema. As such it will not be possible to manipulate these by using the ADMA during the provisioning process. If it is a simple set and forget you want to do at provisioning time (that you manage manually after that) then I would suggest a powershell  activity in the FIM portal as part of the provisioning workflow. If you want to enforce the value and control it via the portal it would be better to use a powershell MA.

Hoper this helps

Almero Steyn (http://www.puttyq.com) [If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or "Helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.]

• Proposed as answer by Dave Nesbitt Thursday, June 12, 2014 8:11 AM
    Thursday, June 12, 2014 6:33 AM
  • Hello,

first, you can control the attribute value using the AD MA, protocolSetting is controled by AD schema.

We are using Code Provisioning on User Objects and set this attribute like following:

csentry("protocolSettings").Values.Add("IMAP4§0§1§4§ISO-8859-1§0§1§0§0§§")
    csentry("protocolSettings").Values.Add("POP3§0§1§4§ISO-8859-1§0§§§")

So if you want use codeless privisioning you can use this code also in an advanced attribute flow within the FIM MA flows (old school).

Hope this helps.

Regards
    Peter

Peter Stapf - Doeres AG - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Thursday, June 12, 2014 12:19 PM