none
Workstation Imaging and Deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Not sure if this is the right category, but looking for some help in coming up with the right solution.

Current Scenario

I regularly setup small closed temporary networks consisting of 1 server and up to 15 clients. We initially setup up a server and 1 client. The server (2008 R2) runs as a DC and SQL server and the clients run Windows XP and windows 7. This was then sent to the hardware suppliers from which we rent the hardware when required. They then image the clients and servers when required and wipe them on return. When onsite the first stage is to get the server up and running then network all the clients. We then need to join each client to the domain and take ownership of a shared folder on the client required for our proprietary software to function.

We would like to streamline this into as few steps as possible as not everyone we send on site is tech savy enough to deal with joining to domain and the issues that can arise with the process. we have played around with various scripts etc to try and streamline but these dont always work.

Perhaps some of the experts out there could help and guide us into what direction we should take.. Are there alternative deployment solutions we could use/ scripts for joining domains etc.

Thanks in advance.

• Moved by Soh.M Wednesday, September 23, 2015 1:33 AM topic on WDS
    Monday, September 21, 2015 8:19 PM

All replies

• I AM TRYING TO MAKE A GREETING CARD IN PAINT MY SYSTEM IS WINDOWS 7 HOW DO I ARRASNGE THE PAGE FORMAT
    Monday, September 21, 2015 8:22 PM