Want to set all alert for CPU, Memory on 80% RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

My client want to set all alert on 80% for CPU, Memory, Disk. They don't want that available Mbytes role here. And even they don't want any warning alert for the same onl,y concentrating single critical alert.I have done for CPU 80% and told him that we can only apply memory in MBs' but when it comes to Disk there are % and MBs' both the critia should be met for alert ( as i know ). Can anyone help me that how i can only set alert for 80% disk space.

And which parameter should i enable please elaborate. And what is difference here if i enable it on "windows computer" or "Windows server group computer". 
    Preciously, i need to enable for all the windows server. so what i select any why?

Cheers, Gourav (Please do take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" wherever applicable. Thanks!) or find my Facebook and LinkedIn link in profile.

Monday, December 11, 2017 12:57 PM

Answers

• Hey Gourav,

>>I have done for CPU 80% and told him that we can only apply memory in MBs' but when it comes to Disk there are % and MBs' both the critia should be met for alert ( as i know ).<<

That is true in case of the default monitor. You can do this for only % or MB remaining criteria as well. Make sure you disable the default monitor and follow this:

Logical disk free space % monitor

If you're further interested, give this a read:

Logical disk free space monitor

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Sam (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" wherever applicable. Thanks!)

Monday, December 11, 2017 1:04 PM

All replies

• Hey Gourav,

>>I have done for CPU 80% and told him that we can only apply memory in MBs' but when it comes to Disk there are % and MBs' both the critia should be met for alert ( as i know ).<<

That is true in case of the default monitor. You can do this for only % or MB remaining criteria as well. Make sure you disable the default monitor and follow this:

Logical disk free space % monitor

If you're further interested, give this a read:

Logical disk free space monitor

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Sam (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" wherever applicable. Thanks!)

Monday, December 11, 2017 1:04 PM
  • Thanks Sam,

But my concern is what else if i will enable any single windows server monitor on all "windows computer" group likewise in the below manner then does it will work? i guess not , we can only enable it on all object of same os class.

If this is true then what about 2008 R2 , 2012 R2 server because there is no scope showing foe the same.

scope :-

2008 R2 MP:-

2012 R2 MP:-

Now let me know, do i need to import MP here for R2 serves and if no then how? Coz there are no class in SCOPE for the R2 server.

Cheers, Gourav (Please do take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" wherever applicable. Thanks!) or find my Facebook and LinkedIn link in profile.

Monday, December 11, 2017 2:30 PM
  • Hi Gourav,

Windows Server 2012 class would work for 2012R2 as well, likewise for 2008R2. So you'll need to enable the monitor for all the OS versions.

Alternative would be to create logical disks group of all the OS versions and enable it for that.

Or, when you're overriding the monitor, select the option "for another class" -> select Logical disk (server) which is the base class for all logical disk windows server OS versions. (Haven't tested though, so you may wanna check it once. Seems theoretically possible to me)

Either way - the choice is yours :)

Cheers,

Monday, December 11, 2017 3:41 PM
  • I have done this via selecting scope Logical Disk, Processor, and Operating System for Disk , CPU and RAM respectively.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 2:27 PM