none
AD RMS Installation Keeps Failing ! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have windows server 2008 SP2 enterprise x64 installed with AD DS and AD CS. I am trying to install the AD RMS role on the server but I keep getting the same error. 

<Error>: Attempt to configure Active Directory Rights Management Server failed. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] args) at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.ProvUtils.EnsureGroupMembership(String strTargetComputer, String strUserName, String strDomain, String strGroup, Boolean fShouldBeMember) at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.ProvisioningBase.EnsureUser() at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.ProvisioningBase.Run() at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.ProvisionerBase.DoProvision() at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.ProvisionerHelper.Run(OperationType operationType, Object data) at Microsoft.RightsManagementServices.Configuration.CmdLineHandler.Run() Remove and re-install AD RMS to attempt provisioning again.

<Warning>: Before you can administer AD RMS on this server, you must log off and log on again.

The following role services were installed:

Active Directory Rights Management Server

I've tried almost anything but I just can't get through it, I am installing with Enterprise Admins account, the RMS services account is added to the Domain Admins group and I am using Windows Internal Database.

I tried to unregister the SCP site and install again but still can't work, I've also tried to install with the Administrator account, still the same thing.

Can anyone please help me since I've already spent 8 hours on it and it's driving me carzy!

Regards

Michael Lu

Saturday, January 8, 2011 6:00 PM

Answers

• Delete the ScP entry form Active directory Domain Go to active directory Site and services->select Active Directory Sites and services [computer.name.domain.com] and click on View, "Check the show services Node" it will show the service node now inside the service Go to "RightManagmentServices" folder and delete it . This step will delete the SCP from Active directory domain
    Mail Administrator, GEO TV Network
    Friday, January 14, 2011 10:38 PM

All replies

• Delete the ScP entry form Active directory Domain Go to active directory Site and services->select Active Directory Sites and services [computer.name.domain.com] and click on View, "Check the show services Node" it will show the service node now inside the service Go to "RightManagmentServices" folder and delete it . This step will delete the SCP from Active directory domain
    Mail Administrator, GEO TV Network
    Friday, January 14, 2011 10:38 PM
  • You save my life Shoaib, it works perfectly!!!

Thank you!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 10:04 PM