SQL Data Sync 2.0 - Sync failed with exception - Inner Exception: There is not enough space on the disk RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to push from Azure to "On Prem" - Azure VM.  

Sync failed with the exception "An unexpected error occurred when applying the batch file sync_b7553........d0c.batch.  See the inner exception for more details.    

Inner Exception: There is not enough space on the disk.

For more information, provide tracing ID '4d8c26e6-538a-4fca-b36d-14a438ff2c4' to customer support. 

1) How much space does my snapshot require?  My source data is: 29 GB in data.  The Destination C drive is 80 GB in data.  That seems to be plenty of space.  

2) Where can I see the logs for this exception?  I went to the the SQLDataSync\logs\ folder and it is empty

3) Can we move the default location off of C: from C:\Users\<serviceaccountname>\AppData\Local\Temp to a disk I have 500 GB of space?

Thanks in advance. 

Thursday, May 2, 2019 9:25 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Change your batching directory to the other drive, if another drive is available.

The batching directory is usually the Temp folder on the C:\ drive and resetting the Temp environment variable to another drive may solve the issue.

http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_change_the_location_of_the_windows_temporary_files_folder_and_should_i.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Thursday, May 2, 2019 10:23 PM
  • Thanks so much for the information. I am looking it over and formulating a plan to make the switch! Thanks again

Friday, May 3, 2019 1:17 PM
  • Thanks so much for the information. I am looking it over and formulating a plan to make the switch! Thanks again

Good day T Arellano,

If the issue was solved then please close the thread by marking Alberto's answer. If the issue still exists then please inform us :-)

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Saturday, May 4, 2019 9:58 AM
  • I'm having the same issue.. changing the environment variable TEMP and TMP to a drive with lots of disk space, rebooting, retrying.. resulted in the same issue. 

Friday, September 20, 2019 2:38 PM