none
Wrong SQL instance specified in topology RRS feed

• Question

• I am migrating from a Lync 2013 Enterprise Pool to a Skype for Business 2019 Enterprise Pool.  I did all the prep work in updating AD and installing the Skype management tools.  I created and published the new topology that includes both the Lync 2013 pool and the Skype 2019 pool.  I then installed the individual Skype 2019 front end servers.

Unfortunately, I now realize that I mistyped the SQL instance and of course it cannot be contacted.  Since the instance doesn't exist, I don't think any databases were created.  The individual FE servers have the Skype Front End service stuck at "Starting".

Is the solution to simply publish the corrected topology?  Or is there something more to be done after that?

Thank you for your help with this.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 3:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Logan Burt,

I have this issue before in my Lab.

You can New a SQL Server Store with the correct SQL store instance name, as below:

Then, publish Topology.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 5:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Logan Burt,

I have this issue before in my Lab.

You can New a SQL Server Store with the correct SQL store instance name, as below:

Then, publish Topology.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 5:16 AM
  • Thank you very much.  That created the databases in the correct location.

Thank you for your response.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 5:04 PM