none
Project Web App instance is unavailabl RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys, 

First I'm using PWA 2010.

So, I have to create a host header in a existing site. So I changed the Binding in the IIS using the host header and changed too the URL in access alternat maping.

After I tested and could see that I receive some error, now I dont remember what exactly error, but after this error I resolved to back the original settings. And when I tested again I received this error.

This Project Web App instance is unavailable because there are no Project Application Service instances started to service this request. Contact the administrator to check that at least one Project Application Service instance is enabled on this farm.

I can access the shrepoint site, but I cant access the pwa site. I checked the services and aparently they are running.

Renato Torres Project Blog - Projetizando
    Friday, October 14, 2011 5:41 PM

All replies

• Hello Renato,

With SharePoint 2010 and Project 2010 , we don’t have to edit bindings settings in IIS, adding entry in AAM should be sufficient.

From Central admin check the status of Project Server Service application

Thanks,

Hrishi Deshpande

DeltaBahn LLC

Friday, October 14, 2011 7:53 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

Thanks for your reply!

So, If I just change the url in AAM works, but looks like PWA redirect to the original URL. Example, if I type http://contoso.com.br/pwa will redirect to http://server/pwa. Do you understand?

But, my principal problem is not more this one. Now I back to the original settings and I'm receving this error:

This Project Web App instance is unavailable because there are no Project Application Service instances started to service this request. Contact the administrator to check that at least one Project Application Service instance is enabled on this farm.

Cheers

Saturday, October 15, 2011 10:08 PM
  • Hi,

Have you checked to see if the Application Pool that PWA is running under is working ok?

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 7:31 AM
  • Check the Project Server Service application with PWA web application. Make sure it has been set as default.

Are you able to provision another test PWA?  

Thanks,

Hrishi Deshpande

DeltaBahn LLC

Sunday, October 16, 2011 4:01 PM
  • Hi guys,

Yes I checked the pool and he is running.

How can I check if the service is set as default in PWA?

Cheers

Monday, October 17, 2011 10:33 AM
  • Navigate to SharePoint Central Admin>>Service Application Association

Select appropriate web application and verify the status of Application Proxy group.

Thanks,

Hrishi Deshpande

DeltaBahn LLC

Monday, October 17, 2011 4:13 PM
  • Actually IIS does have to be update when AAM.   Bind the DNS name to the IIS site.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Monday, October 17, 2011 6:15 PM
  • Hello guys,

I'm not having more access in the PWA. When I have again I try to verify this one.

What can I do with this topic? Can leave it opened?

Cheers

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 11:04 AM
  • Thanks for the update.

How did you resolve the issue?

If issue is no longer exist, mark the question as answered and submit new question in the future.

Thanks,

Hrishi

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 3:57 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

I didnt resolve this problem. My point is that I cant access the PWA cause Im staying in another client these week.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 3:59 PM
  • Ok.

Well in that case leave the question open, we will continue later.

Thanks,

Hrishi

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:02 PM