none
Disable plausibility check for DHCP scope option 006 DNS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there!

I'm running a Server 2016 DHCP server which provides a scope for a guest network that is not connected to the internal network (except for the DHCP). For that reason I configured some official DNS servers (8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4) in scope option "006 DNS Servers". As the DHCP server is not allowed to have internet access, it cannot contact these servers - no problem, that's why I used the "-force" command to add the scope option. And it works fine.

But it seems that the DHCP server runs regular plausibility checks on this option and polls UDP port 53 against the two servers which get blocked by the firewall. Is there a way to disable these plausibility checks and stop the server from trying to contact servers he is not allowed to?

Any help is appreciated!

Thursday, July 27, 2017 1:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on the complexity and the specific situation, we need do more researches. If we have any updates or any thoughts about this issue, we will keep you posted as soon as possible. Your kind understanding is appreciated. If you have further information during this period, you could post it on the forum, which help us understand and analyze this issue comprehensively.
    Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding and patience.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 28, 2017 9:29 AM
  • Well I would appreciate any assistance on this. Even if the answer was that there is no way, I'd at least know that I can stop searching for it.
    Monday, August 14, 2017 10:22 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your support and understanding.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 2:02 AM