none
Unable to Migrate WIndow XP with ADMT 3.2

Question

• Hello Team,

i am receiving below error while doing XP machine migration using ADMT, but i am able to Winodws7 ,8.1 and 10 using ADMT.

2016-12-16 16:16:57 ERR3:7075 Failed to change domain affiliation, hr=800704f1   The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you.

1.       XP machine DNS is set to Target domain.
    2.       We are able to do Nslookup with target domain IP.
    3.       We are able to access XP machine from Target domain $ share
    4.       As per MS we have enabled Allow cryptography algorithms compatible with Windows NT 4.0 policy for domain controllers.
    5. we are able to access Domain contoller $ share from Client PC

Note: i am running ADMT from 2012 domain contoller , remaining 4 domain contoller are 2008 R2

Monday, December 19, 2016 4:18 PM

All replies

•  I am able to do security Translation, after can i add machine to new domain manually

Whether will i get my all old data.  

1) Should i dis-join from old domain then add it new domain or

2) Directly add machine to old domain to new domain.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 6:35 AM
  • Hi,
    Please have a try the following KB on the windows XP workstations and try to migrate again:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/944043
    Please note: as Microsoft has ended up the support for windows XP, we would suggest you upgrade the operating system into new version for better user experience.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 6:51 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, December 26, 2016 7:46 AM