locked
Inbox rule - not working RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi

    An inboxrule (server generates an answer) is not working anymore but only the "ExceptIfFromAddressContainsWords" condition.

    I have tried outlook /cleanrules and recreate the rule again.

    I have tried other mailboxes, they work fine.

    I have tried other conditions in this rule, they work fine.

    Just the condition 'ExceptIfFromAddressContainsWords' will not work anymore in one mailbox.

    We need this condition to prevent mailloops.

    Any suggestions?

    BR
    Steen

    Thursday, January 29, 2015 1:54 PM

Answers

  • Hi Steen,

    From your description, I recommend you replace "b.com" with "@b.com" when creating the Inbox rule and adding the exception to check the result. If the issue persists, you need to type the complete email address.

    Hope my clarification can be helpful to you.

    Best regards,

    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com


    Amy Wang
    TechNet Community Support

    • Proposed as answer by Amy.Wang Friday, February 6, 2015 2:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amy.Wang Sunday, February 8, 2015 1:14 PM
    Thursday, February 5, 2015 5:44 AM
  • Hi Amy

    We solved it last week, with almost the same sollution.

    We now require a @ in the senders address. Before they get the answer. Internal users don't have a @ :-)

    That way our exclusion list with all the domains work, even though if the recipients have a contact in our organisation. 

    Thanks for your help.

    BR

    Steen

    • Proposed as answer by Amy.Wang Friday, February 6, 2015 2:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amy.Wang Sunday, February 8, 2015 1:14 PM
    Thursday, February 5, 2015 6:52 AM

All replies

  • Hi ,

    Have you check it via owa rules ?


    Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

    Thursday, January 29, 2015 3:03 PM
  • Hi

    I can see the rule, but you can't edit rules through owa where the server is replying using a template.

    I can also see setting via powershell. Everything looks fine, - it just don't work.

    Something deeper is wrong here. I might open a ticket.

    BR
    Steen
    Thursday, January 29, 2015 6:34 PM
  • Now I tried to delete the rules via MFCMAPI 

    http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/924297

    And create them again. Doesn't change a thing :-/

    Friday, January 30, 2015 7:09 AM
  • Hi ,

    1. Please delete in owa and recreate it in outlook.

    2.is that the only rule which is under problem or else all the rules in the mailbox ?

    3. please move the problematic mailbox to the different database and check the results.

    4.Just increase the rules quota from 64KB to 256KB and check the results.

    set-mailbox -identity "mailbox name" -rulesquota 256kb

    5.If possible , please share me the details of that rule by using the below mentioned command in powershell.

    Get-InboxRule -Identity "rule name" -Mailbox "mailbox name" | fl 


    Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

    Friday, January 30, 2015 7:37 AM
  • Hi ,

    One more i forget to say on the previous post.

    Instead of original template , please check with some other test template with limited contents.


    Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

    Friday, January 30, 2015 7:58 AM
  • Hi

    Thanks.

    We have tried everything you suggested, and right now we are moving it to another database.

    What do you mean with other templates? We hare just creating a auto answer with the Outlook new message template.

    BR
    Steen

    Friday, January 30, 2015 8:31 AM
  • Hi ,

    I mean just create a new template for testing and use it on the rule which is not working.


    Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

    Friday, January 30, 2015 8:36 AM
  • Ah okay.

    We did, several times. I even deleted the rules with MFCMapi and did it all over again incl. new template.

    Our last hope is the move. It is being moved right now, 25GB :-)

    I'll be back with the result :-)

    BR

    Steen

    Friday, January 30, 2015 8:45 AM
  • We found out that it was due to CONTACTS :-)

    If there are a contact with a@b.com then it doesn't help to exclude b.com in the rule - it will still send answer to a@b.com

    We need to add he contact to the exlusions.

    Wow, that was wierd and we haven't seen this before even with a lots of mailloops :-)

    BR
    Steen


    Friday, January 30, 2015 12:44 PM
  • Hi Steen,

    From your description, I recommend you replace "b.com" with "@b.com" when creating the Inbox rule and adding the exception to check the result. If the issue persists, you need to type the complete email address.

    Hope my clarification can be helpful to you.

    Best regards,

    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com


    Amy Wang
    TechNet Community Support

    • Proposed as answer by Amy.Wang Friday, February 6, 2015 2:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amy.Wang Sunday, February 8, 2015 1:14 PM
    Thursday, February 5, 2015 5:44 AM
  • Hi Amy

    We solved it last week, with almost the same sollution.

    We now require a @ in the senders address. Before they get the answer. Internal users don't have a @ :-)

    That way our exclusion list with all the domains work, even though if the recipients have a contact in our organisation. 

    Thanks for your help.

    BR

    Steen

    • Proposed as answer by Amy.Wang Friday, February 6, 2015 2:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amy.Wang Sunday, February 8, 2015 1:14 PM
    Thursday, February 5, 2015 6:52 AM
  • Hi Steen,

    Thanks for your response. It's great to hear the good news.

    Best regards,

    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com


    Amy Wang
    TechNet Community Support

    Friday, February 6, 2015 1:27 AM