none
Internet Explorer can not opening google.com , gmial.com RRS feed

• Question

• I am using IE8 with windows server 2003 OS. I am not able to open google.com and gmail.com from the IE browser. whereas other sites are opening properly with IE8. google.com and gmail.com sites opened in other browsers on the same system.
    Saturday, July 25, 2015 7:39 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Remove those public web sites from your IE Trusted Sites list.

Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, Trusted Sites icon, 'Sites' button.

google uses account.google.com to verify your account credentials. IE has a security zone setting to "Prevent navigation into zones of lower integrity". The Trusted zone allows such things as unsigned ActiveX controls and applets and should not be used for 'public' domains like google, facebook, Microsoft, youtube, apple. Web sites requiring https will work just as well (encryption) if they are not placed in the Trusted sites zone.

I believe End of Life support for IE8 is January of next year. It may be prudent to start thinking of your upgrade paths from server 2003. Server versions of windows are not ideal for unrestricted web surfing. Later editions of Windows server run IE in an 'Enhanced Protected Mode' which severely limits site functionality with higher security restrictions in all IE security zones.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Sunday, July 26, 2015 4:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Remove those public web sites from your IE Trusted Sites list.

Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, Trusted Sites icon, 'Sites' button.

google uses account.google.com to verify your account credentials. IE has a security zone setting to "Prevent navigation into zones of lower integrity". The Trusted zone allows such things as unsigned ActiveX controls and applets and should not be used for 'public' domains like google, facebook, Microsoft, youtube, apple. Web sites requiring https will work just as well (encryption) if they are not placed in the Trusted sites zone.

I believe End of Life support for IE8 is January of next year. It may be prudent to start thinking of your upgrade paths from server 2003. Server versions of windows are not ideal for unrestricted web surfing. Later editions of Windows server run IE in an 'Enhanced Protected Mode' which severely limits site functionality with higher security restrictions in all IE security zones.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Sunday, July 26, 2015 4:28 AM
  • Hi Dipak D,

Have you got any error messages?

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 8:07 AM