Adding office 2013 KMS Key RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

I already have added Office 2010 KMS host key on my KMS.

Now i want to add Office 2013 KMS host key

I used cscript kms_host.vbs and added the key - Finally it asks me after adding key - This will overwrite all your existing KMS configurations. 

I'm pretty confused  - WIll this only add the office 2013 KMS Host key or will it remove all keys and only allow Office 2013 Host keys on existing KMS

please help.

tfernandes

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 6:02 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

You can just add the Office 2013 KMS key to your existing KMS host. It will not overwrite your existing KMS configurations, both will remain usable.

More information about volume activation of Office 2013:

According to the following support article: Prepare and configure the Office KMS host

The best practise is to download and install the Microsoft Office 2013 Volume License Pack, which is required for Office 2013 KMS activation, you will be prompted for the Office 2013 KMS host key during the setup, input the product key and activate it online.

Read more from:

Plan volume activation of Office 2013
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee624358.aspx

Deploy volume activation of Office 2013
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee624357.aspx

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alvwan Wednesday, September 28, 2016 2:07 PM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2016 2:07 PM
  • Hi, 

i added the key using this option - when i tried slmgr /dli all it doesnt show my key in the list 

i'm confused someone help.

tfernandes

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 7:59 PM
  • Hi,

Once you've installed the pack, and then used slmgr.vbs to "install" the product key, and then activated the product key.

Prepare and set up the Office 2013 KMS host

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn385356.aspx

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 30, 2016 3:52 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Thursday, October 6, 2016 9:11 AM
  • Hi thanks for the concern - The KMS host shows the key but how to activate from KMS client 

i tried slmgr -skms mykmsservername & slmgr -ato then it shows that Windows is activated 

But office 2016 remains the same  (unlicensed) 

so pretty confused. 

as workaround as the user already have o365 license i told desktop to install Office 2016 pro plus from the office365 portal. 

but i will have to fix this

I need help how to activate office 2016 from kms client. 

tfernandes

Thursday, October 6, 2016 4:10 PM
  • Hi,

Do you have Volume Activation Management Tool installed on the server? If yes, run it as administrator, click Office on the left side and click discover products. this will display all the computers that has office on it. once it populated, highlight all and update the license status. after that, use the filter option on the left side to narrow down the products. you have to look for "Office 2016 KMS Clients", highlight the result, then click on activate online using current credentials.

Following similar thread for your reference:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/09e4fd95-5dde-4081-bfb3-9b10bef2ffed/adding-office-2016-kms-key-to-ws2012r2-kms-host?forum=Office2016setupdeploy

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

• Proposed as answer by Alvwan Wednesday, October 12, 2016 1:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by Alvwan Tuesday, October 25, 2016 1:42 AM
    Monday, October 10, 2016 2:09 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 8:09 AM