none
sysvol and netlogon after AD promote

Question

• I have a domain with 1 window 2003 R2 domain controller. The forest and domain functional level is window 2003. I've just added a window 2012 R2 as another domain controller. The issue was the sysvol and netlogon folder is not shared. 

When I run dcdiag on the new domain controller it has a few error

Testing server: Default-First-Site\win2k12r2dcsvr

Starting test: Advertising

Warning: DsGetDcName returned information for

\\win2k3r2dcsvr.ashglobal.local, when we were trying to reach win2k12r2dcsvr.

SERVER IS NOT RESPONDING or IS NOT CONSIDERED SUITABLE.

......................... win2k12r2dcsvr failed test Advertising

Starting test: NetLogons

Unable to connect to the NETLOGON share! (\\win2k12r2dcsvr\netlogon)

[win2k12r2dcsvr] An net use or LsaPolicy operation failed with error 67,

The network name cannot be found..

......................... win2k12r2dcsvr failed test NetLogons

A warning event occurred.  EventID: 0x800034C4

Time Generated: 04/26/2017   15:03:10

Event String:

The File Replication Service is having trouble enabling replication from win2k3r2dcsvr.ashglobal.local to win2k12r2dcsvr for c:\windows\sysvol\domain using the DNS name win2k3r2dcsvr.ashglobal.local. FRS will keep retrying. 

Following are some of the reasons you would see this warning. 

[1] FRS can not correctly resolve the DNS name win2k3r2dcsvr.ashglobal.local from this computer. 

[2] FRS is not running on win2k3r2dcsvr.ashglobal.local. 

[3] The topology information in the Active Directory Domain Services for this replica has not yet replicated to all the Domain Controllers. 

I've run repadmin /syncall /APeD on both servers and the result are terminated without errors. 

I checked on the win2k3r2dcsvr server event log, in the FRS log there's error id 13568. 

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 4:02 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

First check port accessibility between DC's.you can check with PortQryUI;

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24009

Then check this troubleshooting article;

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2958414/dfs-replication-how-to-troubleshoot-missing-sysvol-and-netlogon-shares

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 8:17 PM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions. If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.
    Best Regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, May 1, 2017 4:35 AM
  • I resolve it by doing the burflag registry edit.   
    • Marked as answer by sweehan Friday, May 19, 2017 4:25 PM
    Friday, May 19, 2017 4:25 PM