Memory Utilization RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone i am using Exchange 2007 SP1 having around 1000 mailboxes and store.exe is eating complete memory. i am having 24 gb RAM and store.exe is utilizing 19 gb. please do guide me to solve the issue.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:31 AM

Answers

• Store.exe in all versions is known to use almost as much memory as you can throw at it.  It is meant to release it if necessary, but I guess the thinking is that there is no point having memory sit there doing nothing.

OWA For SmartPhone

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 11:58 AM

All replies

• Store.exe in all versions is known to use almost as much memory as you can throw at it.  It is meant to release it if necessary, but I guess the thinking is that there is no point having memory sit there doing nothing.

OWA For SmartPhone

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 11:58 AM
  • I am not facing any issues with the performance so i should leave as it is , and there is no solution to this and changing in ADSIEdit can make the difference but i believe it not recommended
    Tuesday, November 18, 2014 12:06 PM
  • You are right - you are having no issues with your servers, and like any decent database management system (which is all that Store.exe really is), it will suck up as much RAM as it is able so it can run from RAM, rather than operate from the drives.  As Lee said, Exchange's Store.exe has worked this way since Exchange 4.0 was first released.

I'd recommend updating your server dramatically (even if you stay on Ex2k7, you need a ton of updates if you are only on SP1), but your store process is doing its job.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 2:40 PM
  • Well, this behavior on the mailbox servers for store.exe is completely normal. This is in order to allocate as much data in memory address space as possible, so that each user experience great performance in their Outlook clients.
    If another process should need the more memory, the Exchange store.exe process will released it as required. This is by design.
    Tuesday, December 9, 2014 6:40 AM