Users asks for the Windows Search bar on taskbar, how can I add it? RRS feed

• Question

• We had deployed Windows search 3.0 on all our Windows XP clients. Now we are deploying Windows 7, and people asks for the search toolbar like they had on Windows XP.
    How do I add it?
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 8:03 AM

Answers

• Don't you think that would be a tad redundant with the search tool in the startmenu?

I think that educate the users to use the right tool in the right place would be the thing to do.
    They didn't have the tool available before you installed Windows Search 3.0. They managed to use it. So the change of location wouldn't be that much of a burden.

Regards

Rem
    • Marked as answer by HAL07 Wednesday, September 2, 2009 8:24 AM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 8:16 AM

All replies

• Don't you think that would be a tad redundant with the search tool in the startmenu?

I think that educate the users to use the right tool in the right place would be the thing to do.
    They didn't have the tool available before you installed Windows Search 3.0. They managed to use it. So the change of location wouldn't be that much of a burden.

Regards

Rem
    • Marked as answer by HAL07 Wednesday, September 2, 2009 8:24 AM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 8:16 AM
  • Ok thanks.
    Damn what a small frame to show search results within. And it's also very slow showing results. But hey, it's a Microsoft. . .  B ut I t's N ot G oogle :)
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 8:23 AM
  • I agree about the thing being aomewhat slow, but after a couple of days it'll speed up. It has to do with the indexing process and the frequency of use.
    About the size of the frame... Yes, you pin something. An alternative would be [winkey] F.
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 8:27 AM