none
can't start forefront uag ssl network tunneling server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

my UAG can start this current service :  forefront uag ssl network tunneling server , when I start it, it just stopped :(

There is no dependency on that service, no error too at the event viewer, which part of the server that I should check ?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Saturday, July 23, 2011 11:56 AM

Answers

All replies

• Are you getting any errors in the Event Log?  I just looked at a DirectAccess UAG server and that service is set to Manual, so I know it should not be running on that server anyway.  However, I am not publishing an SSL VPN either so many that's different for you.

MrShannon | Concurrency Blogs | UAG SP1 DirectAccess Configuration Guide
    Monday, July 25, 2011 2:53 PM
  • MrShannon is correct.

The Microsoft Forefront UAG SSL Network Tunneling Server service is only needed when the UAG feature SSL Network Tunneling (a.k.a. Network Connector) is configured. When that feature is configured, this service's Start Type is changed from Manual to Automatic and the service is started. As long as you do not have the feature configured, you do not need this service running.

Regards,

-Ran
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 12:13 PM
  • Yep, should be manual, I compare to another UAG server.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:13 PM