none
Dell Latitude 5414, one or more system components... RRS feed

• Question

• This is the most aggravating error for me when I see this. It took forever to get the 5414 working in MDT to begin with. Now, I've updated our LanDesk Client on my VM's (two of them) and the image deploys to all devices but the 5414. Previously, I made sure I had the latest CAB from Dell, then I contacted Dell and they gave me a ZIP file which had INF files. That got me working.

Now, I deploy my images to all devices and they work...and here I am again playing around with their 5414.... one or more system components could not be configured. Also, I got an error that Windows failed to install one or more components. When I'm not changing drivers, or hardware on the machines, I would assume and expect that nothing would change in the deploy in regard to system components. Ok, rant over. Any suggestions? Its not like you can call Dell and have an MDT conversation; they try to give me individual drivers to install manually.

Monday, November 21, 2016 9:32 PM

All replies

• So this worked until you updated landesk? I would look there first.  That being said without MDT logs no one can answer your question.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 3:23 AM
  • Which log should I post? I don't have a cloud account. Usually I look through the bdd log. Is there anything I need to delete from it for security reasons before posting it?
    Tuesday, November 22, 2016 4:32 AM
  • Your troubleshooting will go better if you look at your logs first.  My signature should help you find what you need.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 4:45 AM