Service Offering, Query Results question. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I got a question about the Service Offering, Query Results criteria page.

As shown in the Picture below i have a Query based on the Active Directory User Class.

The background is that i got alot of accounts more than 2000. The token "String" is used to narrow down the search. I also got some accounts that i dont want to show in the portal for the end users (The ones who ends with "Z" in the pager).

Generally i would say that the "OR" would be "AND" (due to it is an logical operator, i want both conditions to be true) between the two UserPager properties, but i havent found any way to change that. I suspect that it is not possible to change "OR" to "AND" when making criterias against the same values more than 1 time.

The Query below will return all accounts under that Distinguished name, even if i wrote something in the String prompt.  Removing the Criteria Pager ends on "Z" makes the String prompt work. But it will not exclude those objects ending with Z. Is this a normal behavior or am i thinking/doing sometime wrong?

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 9:29 PM

Answers

• This is how all criterias work in service manager. If the same property is included more than once it puts an OR inbetween. You would have to export the MP that contains the query result and edit the criteria manually to AND.

Cheers,

Anders Spælling

Senior Consultant

Blog:   Twitter:   LinkedIn:   

Please remember to 'Propose as answer' if you find a reply helpful

• Proposed as answer by Andreas BaumgartenMVP Wednesday, January 28, 2015 7:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fredrik- Wednesday, January 28, 2015 1:32 PM
    Tuesday, January 27, 2015 9:46 PM

All replies

• This is how all criterias work in service manager. If the same property is included more than once it puts an OR inbetween. You would have to export the MP that contains the query result and edit the criteria manually to AND.

Cheers,

Anders Spælling

Senior Consultant

• Proposed as answer by Andreas BaumgartenMVP Wednesday, January 28, 2015 7:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fredrik- Wednesday, January 28, 2015 1:32 PM
    Tuesday, January 27, 2015 9:46 PM
  • Im trying this right now, but when i visiting the portal i got an error on that Service Request. This is the steps im doing...

1. First i deleted the distinguished name criteria. So i dont get any AND under the Criteria element in the MP xml file.
    2. Exported the MP containing the Service Request.
    3. Searched for my Service Request by name in the .xml file.
    4. After i found my service request i edited the Criteria element. Instead of /Or --> /And

Visiting the page generates in a page that is empty.

Am i editing at the right Place? Should it be something else instead of /And? I have done some research trying to find any articles about this but have found any.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 1:01 PM
  • It is XML-syntax so it would be

<And>

</And>

notice the ending starts with an /

Otherwise it sounds about right.

Cheers,

Anders Spælling

Senior Consultant

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 1:19 PM
  • of course, totally missed changing the starting OR to AND.

Thank you for your help, it works like a charm!!

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 1:32 PM